Work with layers
You can view, navigate, and print layered content in PDFs created in third apps. Information can be stored on different layers of a PDF. You can control the display of layers. Use the Layers pane to examine layers and show or hide the content associated with each layer.
1. Click View and select Layers.
2. In the Layers pane, toggle off/on a layer's visibility status.
*Eye icon indicates a displayed layer. When the Eye icon is absent, the layer is hidden. A lock icon in the Layers pane indicates that a layer is for information only. You can set the initial visibility state of the layer to 'shown' or 'hidden' when a document is first opened.
To set or change the default state:
1. Right-click on the layer.
2. Select Properties.
3. Select Default state, and confirm with OK.
Lock a layer to prevent it from being hidden, and unlock a layer to be able to hide it.
A lock icon in the Layers pane indicates that a layer is for information only.
1. Right-click on a layer you want to lock or unlock.
2. Click Properties.
3. Check or uncheck Locked checkbox.