We are already living in a world where every device and application needs to be not only helpful but also portable. We might say that we, as users, demand it. Therefore, hardware and software are designated to consume less physical and digital space, if possible. Because there is so much information out there in the digital world, we need our mobile applications and PC software products not only to consume less space and digital memory but also to work reliably.
So, what is PDF software
We've had PDF programs for a while now, but it's still possible that many of us might not be familiar with them. There could be a bunch of reasons for that, but this is not important right now. The meaningful part here is for us to point out what PDF software is, how it can help us in our everyday work, and which are the hidden benefits such an application has to offer.
First things first - the abbreviation stands for Portable Document Format. It allows users to seamlessly present and exchange documents between different types of software, operating systems, and devices. It’s a file format that captures all elements in a document in the form of an electronic image. From there on, the user can view, read, edit, and share the document with others, making the whole process super interactive and PDF files incredibly useful when an office or personal job has to be done.
PDF programs are probably among the top three additions to every office and a loyal companion to everyone working with documents.
All the things you can do with it
PDF editing software tends to provide an immense amount of features. You name it - reading, viewing, editing, signing, scanning, inserting additional files, images, annotations, password-protecting - commercial PDF programs do it all. And also, there are the options of sharing and printing the document whenever needed.
Talking is one thing but let’s give an example of why finding the best PDF editor or best PDF reader has such high stakes. Not only because your work needs to be done, no. The other essential thing to consider is the user experience and how a product feels to use. So go for the software that is most suitable for you. The one that makes the whole user journey enjoyable, efficient, and valuable.
PDF Extra is among the most widely used commercial applications and delivers on all the above in a well-handled user-friendly manner. All features like reading, editing, sharing, etc. are available and offer a perfect solution for dealing with your work.
PDF Extra for all platforms - Android, iOS, and Windows
Yes, PDF Extra is on all platforms, which is very convenient! It is reassuring to know that you can use your preferred PDF program on the device of your choice. And why not? It's not 1907 anymore, right? So, whether you're using an iOS device, an Android, or a Windows one, there is the possibility of interoperability when using your PDF software. That is why PDF Extra is available on all the mentioned platforms.
And what's more captivating than the idea of working with your PDF on the go! Wherever and whenever you go (not that taking your work with you on vacation is a good idea to be encouraged). But yes, working with your PDF documents when you're not in front of a computer is really practical.
For example, you can handle multiple tasks with PDF Extra on your Android! Creating a document from a blank or scan is a great way to start using the software.
To create a PDF from "thin air" on your Android device:
- From the main menu, tap More.
- Under the Create section, tap Create Blank.
- Insert the values for the new file.
- Choose between Paper sizes (Letter, A4, A3, A5, etc., or custom size), and orientation (Portrait, Landscape).
- Confirm with OK.
If you want to create a PDF from a scan:
- Tap Scan to PDF.
- Use your Android device to make a scan and tap on the image.
- Type the file's name and tap the diskette symbol to save and finalize the scan-to-PDR process.
Convert operations on PDF Extra
Yet another super helpful option that a good PDF editor should provide users with. Converting is among the most used functions and a great way to get to know your chosen PDF software if you are a newbie in this process.
With PDF Extra, things are smooth and easy.
- Open PDF Extra on your Android device, and on the home page, tap More.
- You will see all the options in the Convert section of the app.
- Choose the one that you need and tap on it.
- For example, PDF to Word - tap on the option.
- Select a directory.
- Tap on the file you've selected for conversion.
- Tap Convert to Word and wait for the process to finish.
Who needs PDF software
Well, who doesn't, right? Once a user is acquainted with a PDF editor, the ways to continue developing their editing skills via this program are endless. Hence, the best answer to the latter question is probably "almost everyone". After all, PDF is a widely used format that is precious when it comes to reading and preparing CVs, news or magazine articles, product content, brochures, etc. Moreover, advertising materials are also bound to benefit from good PDF reading software. Hence, professionals who often work with such formats of visual expression can enjoy the possibilities a good PDF editor gives. The reason is that the software handles graphics and plain text exceptionally well and can combine them professionally and neatly, depending on the user's intention and professional goals.
So, no matter if you are an office employee in a large international company, a manager, a journalist, a presenter, a self-starter, or you simply need a resourceful and neat way to handle your documents, aim for the best PDF software out there.
How does it function
Yep, behind every click or tap on a button in a PDF program stand hours of developing work, conceptual thinking, and UI/UX decisions. It is a well-assembled machine that provides users with the tools to get their job done when it comes to their individual needs. After all, it's a tool that can bring standards to your work and, at the same time, encourage you to insert individuality every time you create a project with text and visuals.
But how does PDF work? First, we should point out the difference between a PDF reader and a PDF editor. The name tells it all, but just to clarify, the first one provides users with the option of reading the content and best-case scenario to fill in form fields and print. On the other hand, there's the PDF editor. It allows you to change information in the document. It provides tools for editing, converting, sharing, etc.
To function properly, PDF readers have the code needed to interpret the information. This particular code helps devices display all the elements in the file.
What are the benefits of using PDF software?
It's all about benefits and results. All the processes we deal with as users lead to one single goal: doing our job in the best way, with less effort, if possible. It sounds like a fairy tale, but in this case, an achievable one. So, when we talk about benefits, we mean the fundamental things we can achieve as users of the PDF software - in our work or side projects.
- It's all about consistency and integrity - a PDF program displays the exact content and layout on all operating systems.
- Interactive functionality - the best PDF program will provide you with the means to customize your work with various tools and options, including adding images, graphics, text, comments, hyperlinks, etc.
- Creation - it's not only the edit function that is valuable when using PDFs. It's the ability to create new documents via the app. Often, options include creation from blank, from a scan, and combining PDFs.
- Compact - that's one of the main points when you use PDFs in your work, and it breaks down to one simple point - lots of data consuming less storage space. PDF files can contain a large amount of info, but at the same time, they can be compressed to a suitable file size, can be easy to share, and, when used properly, minimize the risk of damaging the image quality, for example.
- Protection - this one's essential as well, especially when you need to supervise the access to the content of your PDF document. The software offers a way to do that via different protection levels. Watermarks, passwords, or digital signatures are your A-team when it comes to secure file management.
So, if there should be a conclusion to the topic "what is PDF software", we should accentuate one important thing. And it's that the substance here should be what a user can do with a PDF software application. As we noted, the possibilities are numerous, and even if you are rooky, the ways to learn and benefit from a PDF editor are endless on a personal and professional level.