Adding links to a PDF
One simple way to instantly make your PDFs more interactive is to add relevant links to your existing content. PDF Extra allows you to add two types of links: internal (lead to a specific document page) and external (lead to a specific web page, such as https://pdfextra.com/).
You can also customize the link’s visual border, for instance its:
Style (solid or underline)
Color (preselected or custom colors)
Highlight style (invert/push/outline/none)
However, all of this is optional and you can easily disable the border entirely by unclicking the “Visible Rectangle” checkbox.
To add a link to your document:
- Load up your PDF in PDF Extra.
- Go to “Home” → “Add Link”.
- Click anywhere within your document to add a link.
- Choose if you want the link to lead to a web page or an internal document page and adjust its border settings, if necessary.
- Click “Apply” to confirm your choice.